Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I was supposed to sub today, but stayed home sick I'm pretty sure I have the flu, but the doctor yesterday said he thought it was just a virus. I was SO out of it when I was there, though that I didn't even tell him all of the symptoms I was having. Anyway, I do fell a TAD better today. I still have had a fever all day, though, even while on 3 ibuprofin. It had gotten up to 103 yesterday, but has stayed around 100 today.
They delivered our washer and dryer Monday night. Let me tell you, this has been one of the worst buying experiences we have EVER had!! Their customer service is the PITS!! I was basically knocked out on the couch when they delivered it(it was supposed to be between 3 and 7, I think) . They ended up getting here about 8:30 maybe and were here til I think 10. I'm not sure, I was out of it sick. Anyway, Jeff threw a load in after they left since it had been a week since we had done laundry! The machine was going nuts--bouncing all over the place. Jeff had to hold it to keep it from hitting the walls and the dryer! So we called Maytag out and they came yesterday. The guy did some things to it(apparently there are a lot of problems with vibration with this machine and front loaders in general). It is still vibrating way more than we would like. We have been on the phone several times with Maytag and they even admit that there are problems with the Neptune models, but they basically said tough luck.
At least the guys at Home Depot have been great! We're going to return them and get something else. They even offered to credit us 10% back for all the trouble. Not sure what we'll get yet, but it'll probably be an old fashioned top loader like we had that lasted us 15 years. There's something to be said for simplicity.
I'm going to look at consumer reports and see which ones are rated the best. I totally should have done that before, because there have been a lot of complaints on the ones we got. There have been a lot of complaints on most all front loaders. I really think the technology is still new and not perfected yet.
Maybe my expectations were just too high. But I think for the money we spent, they should be high. They just don't make appliances like they used to!! OR have customer service like they used to!
Well, the kids'll be home any minute and I should get my last bit of rest before they get here. Jeff is out of town tonight so I'll actually have to do something. He's been doing it all since I've been sick.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. We bought the LG Tromm (in September) which I think they have at Home Depot and have been extremely pleased. Hope you have better luck with the next ones.