Monday, January 02, 2006

NEW YORK

Times Square--that is the pole where the ball drops.
Times Square--where it all happens on New Year's Eve.
The "Naked Cowboy" in Times Square. He HAD to be freezing!!!
This was from the Rockettes show that we saw--they came out from behind the letters.
Ground Zero---this was really weird to see--I got so emotional just walking up to it--it just made it seem that much more real.


Well, this post and the previous one are some pictures from mine and Jeff's trip to New York. It was so great!! We did a ton--and had a really good time. We saw just about all the sights, did a TON of walking, and ate at some really great restaurants. We also saw a wonderful show. I really would like to live there. I used to think that it wouldn't be a good place to raise kids, but I'm not sure I still feel that way. There is so much for kids to see and experience there and I felt like the kids that we saw that lived there were really lucky. We could never afford to live there anyway--and I don't think Jeff would ever go for it. I'll just have to try to visit every few years to get my fix!! There is just no place like it--it's an indescribable feeling I get when I'm there---just the excitement in the air--and the people--I just love the people--they are not at all like they are stereotyped--well you do have your exceptions of course. But for the most part, they are very nice and helpful. I think my favorite thing we did was the carriage ride through Central Park--it's something I've never done before and always wanted to. Also, seeing Ground Zero was extremely moving--something I will always remember. We also saw where David Letterman was filmed as well as the NBC studios. It was also really cool to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve and see all the preparations being made. We didn't stay to spend New Year's Eve there---I don't think I could handle no restrooms for that long!! Or being shoulder to shoulder with that many people for that long!! There is pretty much something you have seen on TV or read about on every corner--and somehow we managed to see most of it. I felt so spoiled the whole time--Jeff made it all about me and he wanted to make sure that we did everything I wanted to do while we were there. He never even complained when I dragged him into store after store to shop!
Time to come back down to earth now!! I still have Christmas decorations to put up and a ton to do around here!!!

0 comments: