Thursday, January 19, 2006

LILY'S ARTWORK



Here is Lily's latest artwork from her drawing class. The Russian doll is done in all marker and the toucan is done in marker and pastels. She's really enjoying the class.
Today was a run around day. Had to get a new radio in my van because the CD player stopped working for some reason. They installed it today. So I sat and waited for 2 hours---which was actually kind of relaxing. Got to get caught up on all of my lists I have going and was actually able to look at a magazine--which is rare anymore!! I got a call today from the VP of the PTO asking me if I would like to be VP next year when she is President. I wouldn't mind that at all, but it would also mean that I would be President automatically the following year. Seems like a huge job to me. I told her I would think about it, I guess I'm leaning towards doing it. I've been Secretary for 3 years now, so I guess it's time I got promoted--HA!HA! I really wasn't expecting to get asked and I thought for sure she was calling me to be Secretary again--which I gladly would have done. Well, really need to go clean my house and figure out what's for dinner!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Automatic president?! You couldn't pay me enough money to do it! It's been nice to step back this year and not be on the board at all.

Beautiful artwork! What are you doing with it all?

Melody Searcy said...

I know--I'm still deciding about the presidant thing. I'm told it's an easy job---we have such great committee chairs--it's pretty much a delegating job. I've got some time to decide.
I'd love to frame and hang Lily's art--I just don't know where I would hang it!! So for now it's just on the fridge!