Friday, February 03, 2006

OK, it's been a couple of scary days for me. I had a mammogram last week and I got a call on Wednesday that they wanted to see me back for some additional pictures. I had the appointment this morning. Jeff went with me because I was really worried. It turns out that I have calcium deposits in my right breast. It's nothing to be concerned about, but something they will definitely watch. If it would have turned out to be something, they would have most likely caught it in time to do something about it. I urge everyone who is 40 plus to go get their mammogram. It's not a big deal at all. I actually had my first baseline one at age 35. They recommend getting the baseline one between ages 35 and 40. They use it as a comparison for later ones.
Anyway, I feel relieved. I actually had a really nice day. After the appointment, Jeff took me to may favorite restaraunt, PF Changs---YUM! It was so good. I feel like I deserve it since I've been so good and have lost 12 lbs! Then we went to Costco, which is always an adventure. We bought huge sizes of a lot of things--I need a bigger pantry!! I think we are actually going to make a place going down the stairs to the basement for extras like that.
The weekend should be pretty low key. Jeff is going to work on the basement. I'm going to try to organize a few things that I always put off! I feel like my closets and cabinets will never all be organized at the same time! Am I the only one that feels that way?

0 comments: