Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I just had to add this picture of the kids from last night with all of their "loot". As you can tell, Wyatt has candy in his mouth! I'm surprised they didn't both have tummy aches last night! The candy is still everywhere--I need to get it out of sight and out of reach!!
I subbed today in Kindergarten--it was a great day. It's my favorite grade to teach so far--they so want to please their teacher(well, most of them anyway!). I'm subbing for the next 2 days also and then my mother is coming for Grandparent's day on Friday----when am I gonna get it all done? The kids are so excited for her to come.
Lily went to the Principal's office again today. She got 100% on her math test. She said--"since I went 2 days in a row--I got a handshake"--like that was the most wonderful reward she could imagine! It's so great for her, because she doesn't have the confidence in her abilities that she should--and I think learning is so much about confidence in yourself! She also started her art classes today at Monart Drawing School. I don't think she has been more excited about starting anything before. We got there early and they had a warm up page on their table. She asked the teacher if she could go ahead and start--she couldn't wait! Her friend Lauren from her class also started with her. I was afraid they might socialize too much, but the teacher said they didn't. They are working on an Indian face with a big headdress on(it was in marker). What she had so far was really good-they are going to finish it next week. She told me when it was over---"I NEVER want to quit this--I love it!" I wish I could take it with her-it looks like fun!!

0 comments: